Independence plays an essential role in the mental health of the elderly, as it directly relates to their sense of self-worth. As their family members, we ought to help our senior loved ones in any way we can. So if they want to maintain their independence, here are things that you can do:
- Encourage them to perform their daily living activities.
- Make sure that their home is equipped with appropriate safety devices.
- Let them prepare and make their own meals according to their preferences.
- Promote engagement in physical activity and focus on what they are still capable of doing.
- Consider hiring a Caregiver or an occupational therapist to help them train in doing their daily tasks at home.
Availing of In-home care in Orange County is also one way to help your aging parents maintain their independence. Home care services are designed to provide care and assistance to seniors and individuals with a chronic health conditions, disabilities, and injuries, so they can live an enhanced quality of life while making sure that their dignity and independence are not compromised.
When it comes to providing exceptional home care services and Hospice Care in California, we at Lake Forest Services & Lake Forest Hospice are the ones you can trust. We operate in multiple locations with a huge pool of highly qualified home care aides or caregivers.
So if you need a Home Health Aide in Lake Forest, California to assist you at any time of the day, we can provide one for you right away. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to avail our care services.